Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day #3---Beep Beep Beep goes the copy machine!

Enters code.  Load originals. 

Back-to-back--Check!

Sort--Check!

Staple--Check!  Beep Beep Beep!  Wait.  Load staples?  Hmmm...okay.  Let's see...where are the staples?  Oh! 

Open door A.  Next.  Kneel down to staple compartment P.  Press green button-thingy.  Pull. 

(Examines plastic staple holder with great interest--see below.  Presses label that says Press.  Looks for staples.  Looks for someone who knows where there are staples.  Asks for help finding the staples.  Ummmm....)

Changes copiers...(Now he's thinking!)

Enter code.  Load Originals.

Back-to-back--Check!

Sort--Check!

Staple--Check!  Beep Beep Beep!  What do you mean there aren't any staples in this machine either?!

Forgets staples.  Reload. 

Back-to-back...this is getting old...Go!

Runs copies without stapling. 
---
---
---
---
---
---
--Crap!-
---
---
-Clear/Stop!---------Yes!  I want to stop this job!---Yes---Really---

SORT!  Doh!

_____________
This first copy machine actually beeped about a dozen times before I switched to the 2nd copier.  You'd think I'd learn after it beeped at me for the same thing twice.  Nope.  Not me! 

Other than my copy debacle in the afternoon, I had a relatively nice day.  My students completed their reading surveys and I have a nice load of data about their reading habits to sort through.  Fortunately, the online form I used does a rather brilliant job organizing the data for me. So, I get to sit back and read it tonight. 

Incidentally, Will Rogers once said, "We have a lot of monkey in us. Throw anything into our cage and we'll give it serious consideration."  He was a fellow Okie and distant relative of mine on my mother's side of the family.  When I was a youth, a friend of mine and I joined 4-H.  Our club competed in a state competition and Will Rogers' quotes were part of our presentation.  My quote was the one above.  What do you suppose I had to wear while quoting the illustrious Mr. Rogers?  Yep!  I was dressed as a monkey--Head-to-toe---tail, ears, fake fur...the whole thing, 

Oh!  We won, by the way. 

Have a great evening!

Brien

1 comment:

  1. Any photos to document the fake fur thing? Gotta see it to totally believe it....

    ReplyDelete