Friday, August 13, 2010

Day #5--Friday!!!

Yeppers!  One week down and 25 (Oops!  Not quite enough!--Let's try a heap more than that!) to go. 

Today was a very good day.  I began rolling out a new reading practice with my classes today.  I had some wonderful help from my friend, the instructional coach, this morning.  I think it was a good start at implementation.  I was able to modify a few things for the next class and it went even more smoothly.  (Poor Academic 1 guinea pigs)  My honors class picked it up and ran with it!  Essentially, the approach/instructional method I'm implementing help students go deeper with their thinking/  The hope is to help foster lifelong learners who can read with a higher degree of proficiency. 

Had a few chuckles with the admin team in our team meeting today.  It's good to interact with admin.  They have much to offer and it's nice to know we're all in this together.

Now...it's late and I'm tired.  Maybe a little more tomorrow.

Take care and enjoy the weekend---Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment